Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday Faves

1. PlanetBox

A friend of mine shared these with me recently.  I don't really have a need for them now.  I don't take lunches to work as I am a SAHM.  I already have a ton of snack carrying options right now so I don't think I want to invest in the snack size one.  However, I do like the idea of "greener" options for when the kids start school and take their lunch.  I really like the portion control and love the magnets for the kids to personalize their own box.  Also the carry cases look pretty durable themselves.



2. Fun Runs

OK so even if you are not into the current marathon running fad many people have found a middle ground in "Fun Runs".  These are usually a 5K which is 3.1 miles and they throw in a wacky theme to help you forget that you are excising.  These are great excuses for adults to take a break from stresses and reality with their friends or co-workers.  Some involve costumes!  Quoting "Olivia" the pig from my kids cartoons "Whatever the question, Costumes are always a good answer." So far I have only attempted to run in the Color Vibe 5K where they throw color on you as you run.  I am anticipating an awesome girl's night with my old high school friends running in the Bad Prom 5k early this October.  Some have even used these fun runs or run/walks as fundraisers.  No matter the motivation I highly recommend jumping in and participating in this new trend no matter what your physical fitness level may be currently because it can only improve from getting moving.

Tip: If running ain't your normal tup of tea and you are looking for cheap running clothes that you don't mind getting trashed at these runs, check Wal-Mart. I got spandex shorts, running shorts to go over them, a new sports bra and fun tall running socks with neon accents very inexpensive for the Color Run. And they carry plus sizes!!! :)

No comments: