Monday, January 21, 2013

Exchange Gifted Diapers with No Receipt

Diapers are a wonder gift to receive when you are expecting the arrival of a little one.  Unfortunately, there is no way to know how big your bundle of joy will be or for how long. Maybe you prefer a certain brand of diaper.  My baby girl is an adorable little chunker who never needed newborn diapers and only stayed in size 1 for a few weeks.  Now I am stuck with boxes of diapers with no receipts and no idea what store to try to return them to.   What a waste!  

Well, a friend of mine mentioned exchanging them.  I told her they were gifted to me without a receipt.  She mentioned that I can do a Google search of the UPC code and see where they are from.  She was right!  But it did take a more specific approach.  So I thought I would share to save you other Mommies some time.

1. Pull up Google.
2. Type in the UPC code and Click Search
3. Click to search via Shopping (Hopefully you see your item)
4. Click on the link "Nearby Stores"

This should tell you what store your thoughtful friend or family member purchased the diapers from.  Hopefully, it is a retailer that will exchange items without a receipt such as Wal-Mart.  If it is a store that doesn't I say try Wal-Mart.  They pretty much exchange anything.  It's not like you are trying to get money from the store just exchange for a different brand or size.  No harm, no foul as far as I'm concerned.  Worth a shot.  

If you truly are stuck with them you can always donate them or exchange with another Mommy you know or possibly on Craigslist, etc.


No comments: