Monday, January 07, 2013

My Mommy Re-Style

So now that I am a Mommy of two, I REALLY feel like a Mom.  With just having Mason I felt like I was just trying to figure it out.  Now that I have had baby girl and I remember what to do for her instead of learning what to do it makes me feel more confident in my "Mommy-Ness".  I also understand the whole no time for yourself thing more than ever.  I don't want to sell out on style but changes MUST be made in order to make the juggle happen.  Here's what I am trying: 

HAIR - I have dyed my bleach blonde back to its natural color.  I never get to my roots dyed in a timely fashion anymore and I run around like 80's Madonna with my dark roots and light hair. I know two-tone is in but this is two-tone tacky ..not the well done kind.  Also, it's just expensive!  I have other things that I would rather spend money on.  Like formula, diapers, activities for the kids or dressing them fashionably.  
I've started wearing it down more.  Sounds odd to save time, but for me who will fidget with a messy bun till I think it is perfection...it saves time.  I'm just putting it in braids at night to dry and create waves so I only have to touch it up with a few well placed curls of the flat iron around my face and randomly other places.  

MAKE-UP - My daily make-up consists of a knock-off Olay moisturizer (save where ya can) and a primer all over my face.  Then some under eye concealer for those mommy eyes if needed.  Very light weight anti-aging foundation (Yes, I have already gone there.) to even out the redness.  I brush on some of this cheapo, but pretty non-creasing and long lasting Sparkle Eye Dust I've found from NYC.  This stuff if great and with its own brush built in it is great for travel.  I brush on a few swipes of the mascara. Then just some regular Soft Lips shimmer lip gloss.  I have this down to 5 minutes.  I kick it up for other functions   This is just for everyday taking Mason to preschool without scaring people outings.


STYLE - Best way I can describe my style lately would be Sporty-Chic or Airport Celeb.  Think of the images you have seen of celebrities when they are at airports jet-setting.  It is a laid back, comfortable, yet stylish mix.  It says I know style but I'm busy right now.  I also seem to favor more of the sporty apparel.  Running errands, chasing after kids,  being able to piece together an outfit with whatever happens to be clean requires flexibility in my wardrobe.  I save the fun girly, uber-stylish pieces and high heels for functions, social events, and date nights.  

Though I have sold out on the idea that I would be a "mommy in heels" kind of gal...I will try not to sell out on taking care of myself.  Just may take some adjustments to make that happen as a Mommy of Two! 

No comments: