Thursday, March 11, 2010

Baby Training Camp 101

It is very clear that our lil Monkey has us enrolled in his private class of Baby Training Camp 101. Whoooo.... I'm tellin' ya, we are exhausted. However, I have to say that I am amazed at how well we are doing. Just when I think I'm going break down and get worried that I can't be all he needs...I get a second, third, or a tenth wind even and off we go. It's like a job that you won't allow yourself to suck at cuz the cutest most precious little guy is depending on you to figure it out. I'm finding simple ways to get it back together. Today a Facebook friend mentioned she was going to listen to some 311 today. I thought to myself, man I love that "Amber" song. So I looked it up on our Verizon Rhapsody and let the tunes melt the stress away. I listened as I sipped my coffee and coached myself. I was mentally telling myself, you are strong and already doing more than you ever thought you could. You can do more. You got this! ...And bam, I'm in a much better headspace and ready to tackle this day - good or bad, calm or fussy...I can do this! So thanks to my friend's FB status, a good song, and some strong coffee I'm back on track for today. Trying to be the best Mommy I can be...I've got work to do so I can graduate to Baby Training Camp 102 but with the wonderful support I'm getting from all of you Mommies out there I know I can do it. Keep the advice coming! You guys are life savers!

No comments: